Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm so excited. Marty will be here in just another 34 hours. I'm not sure what I'll do til then because i'm so full of anticipation but I do have a list of to-dos tomorrow. Pity the weather report on the news has indicated a very grey long weekend ahead and unlike the useless Sydney weathermen, the english weathermen have proven to be accurate.

Well, I guess it's going to be cuddling in bed for the both of us then.

I went to Borough Markets again today.

I don't think I could get sick of that place. well not for a very long while. It's so near to my office and there's a great coffee place there that serves excellent coffee. FINALLY! Coffee here is so shite!

Over dinner the other day, new found friend Fang Fang mentioned that Monmouth serves excellent coffee and the next day, after lunch with Xenia, we decided to have a coffee there. The coffees there are not served in your standard coffee cups. No siree... They are HUGE cups but not big enough to be un bol de cafe. They have huge fruit bowls filled with fine raw sugar and jars of open jam for you to have toasts with on a big communal table. It's all really rustic with a warm atmosphere. I just love cafes with character. However, at £2 a cup, it feels rather pricey, especially if you consider that you could get a pub dinner of musselfs for £7. Anyway, I have successfully weaned myself off flat whites (forced after a few horrible experiences) and can manage very well on just tea and instant coffee these days.

Back to Borough markets again. Went there with Jess from Sydney and Belinda from NZ. It should have been a lovely lunch had Belinda not tagged along. She gives me bad vibes. She seems nice but somehow, underneath her seemingly warm facade, I sense someone with little tolerance for others. It was not a good feeling. I would have enjoyed lunch more had I just gone alone :

There's so much food at Borough that it can be really hard to make a decision. We settled for a turkey cranberry bagette which we got from a tiny shop. I think one of the reasons why the Borough market experience is so good is the food just looks so inviting on a cold day like today. Oh to see the steam rising from the freshly cooked food. It's times like this I wish Marty was here to share it with.

I've planned out a whole host of possible activites to amuse us. Jazz clubs, free jazz performances at the national art gallery, picking up some food at borough market and then picnic at hyde park, musicals, shopping having dinner at a spanish restaurant, groccery shopping and making dinner together at home. YAY YAY YAY

I've packed my day full of activities tomorrow otherwise I know the day will pass really slowly in anticipation. I'm going to visit portobello market and then maybe knightsbridge, kensington high street and then earl's court for a wax ;) and to end it all, dinner with William and Aifeng

No comments: