Sunday, May 06, 2007

Marty is here!!

I have been going about life here without him and having him here now, against the London backdrop seems a little surreal. It feels familiar (well obviously) but yet also not.

We almost didn't manage to catch each other at the tube station. I gave him specific instructions to meet me at the south bank exit but as luck would have it, the south bank exit was closed. There were two other exits at waterloo and I did a quick assessment of the situation and decided that the only other plausible exit would be the one nearer to the south bank seeing as how if that was shut, one would then logically go to the next nearest one right? Wrong!

I carefully calculated the time it would take to get from heathrow to waterloo - an hour, and when more than an hour had passed, I decided I had best head to the other exit just to be safe and check it out. Thankfully, spotted a mushroom head with a silver suitcase just about to disappear around the corner of the main road. I ran after dear marty arms and legs flailing and after the 5th attempt at yelling his name, he finally heard me.

It's good to see him. He seemed cuter than I remembered even with his mangy looking hair. =)

We went trawling through the city today, notting hill, portobello market, hyde park, high street kensington oxford street etc... poor boy was jetlagged but struggled to stay awake til 8pm after which he promptly feel asleep after dinner. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

No comments: