Monday, April 16, 2007


--> We climbed all the way up 'Catbells', one of the numerous hills at lake district.
Nothing new has happened to me so far. Well, nothing that got me really excited...

Made a trip down to lake district on the weekend with 9 others in two cars. Lake district is a really lovely place. Very quaint. It would have been a great holiday had it not have been for the mad rush we were in half the time.

Now i just feel really exhausted and run down. This is no good. I need to do some serious studying and already I have started off on the wrong foot. I have decided that I shall be more selective of my travelling partners from now on.

After being dragged around half the country side, with my legs walked into a dull sort of ache, a result of hauling myself up a hill and at some points, going down on all fours and scaling the steep faces of the hill, someone suggested going to watch a play at the 'Theatre by the lake'. Mind you, this was immediately after our trek/climb and we were sticky and icky.

Now ordinarily, I might not have passed up a chance to act artsy fartsy especially when the play was 'Of mice and men', one of my favourite books as a kid. But really, after trekking for 3 hours, the only thing I really wanted to do was sit down somewhere and vege out. Not go to a play feeling sticky and stinky. AND, some of us had barely slept the night before. Fat chance of me staying awake. Thankfully, the theatre had only 5 tickets left and only the 5 in the other car could go. I did a silent hurray. We parted ways with the other 5 and Billy, Rachael, Christine, Yee chung and I headed into the town centre where we had a nice dinner just hanging out and bonding. Now that's what I call a holiday.


We barely made it back to the hostel at just past 10 and collapsed into our beds like flies.


However, the next morning, we were rudely awaken by a shrill voice demanding we get out of bed immediately. I really do not recall signing up for bootcamp. This was supposed to be an idyllic getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life!


Grrr....


And we almost were not allowed to stop off for breakfast!


Really not a great holiday at all. I'd much rather travel alone thank you very much


No comments: