Friday, April 06, 2007

It's been a hectic few days back home. Once again, I find the insomaniac in me and I think I may have found the cause. Potent teh (tea). Ever the teh ping (iced milk tea) fan, I've been loading up on the good stuff at every opportunity and I find myself able to go all night without sleep and into the next day without much difficulty. Last night was a fine example. I had tea at the Ritz with Joy and then after which, met up with Jason and had more tea. By the end of the night or should I say morning, when I got home at 6am, I was bright eyed and bushy tailed.

So this morning, since i had nothing better to do anyway, i started scouring websites on spas and facial packages available. Jason is getting married in May and in the process of helping him come up with a honeymoon, i came up with the bright idea of a spa getaway at one of those Banyan tree resort like places. And to convince the soon t0 be newly weds, what better way than to give them a couple day spa getaway to see if they like it. I'm not one of those girls who feel a need to periodically pamper themselves but on the occasions when I have done so, it has always been fantastic. I hope they like the present.

It's a real pity I won't be able to attend Jason's wedding. Jason is a good friend and it sucks not being able to share such a special day. It's times like this that make me think perhaps Sydney was a bad idea, but only briefly.

This trip home this time around has cemented further the certainty that I will not be coming back. Except on holidays of course. Aside from the fact that work in Sydney is so much better, I have realised that life here just doesn't agree with me in general. I think it has something to do with the weather, how claustrophobic it can get and also the urban landscape and definitely the neighbourhood I live in. I miss Bishan and I miss Glebe.

On a brighter note, jolene's problem seems to have a bit more clarity and I guess that makes me feel more at ease. I realise I am prone to paranoia and tend to extrapolate various outcomes from a given situation. I think that may be a large part of my downfall... this incessant worrying about nothing and everything but I guess I don't like surprises. Or I think I don't like surprises. So i second guess every possible move and then when it happens, that way i can go... there! I told you so to myself or whoever. Of course, sometimes it may become a self-fulfilling prophecy (but who knows). Anyway, I may have been negative about jo's situation initially but it doesn't seem half as bad now that everything has come to light. At least something is being done.

On an even happier note, I got a fantabulous dress as a bday present from Jo. A tube dress with a cloth rose near the bust. One of those great dresses that will never go out of style. Unfortunately, I have grown too skinny to fit into anything and the dress will have to be altered and as such, I will not get it til I come back after the UK stint. DARN!

Brief summary of stuff that has transpired:

Most received comment: it's a tie between "You lost weight (No... really?)" and "when are you getting hitched"

Most pleasant surprise: Bumping into Winston at wala's

Music I'm currently listening to: Phantom of the opera

Mood: TIRED!

No comments: