Saturday, June 24, 2006

Had a really unexciting day with the boyfriend today.

Due to the world cup match timings, I have been waking up at all odd hours and on a Saturday, a day in which I fully intended to sleep in, I woke up at 6am.

So there I was, lying in bed with my brain alert as it ever could be, not knowing what to do with myself and so I dragged the boyfriend up to watch the world cup matches of that morning.

Obviously, when the match ended at 9am. We were both rather bright-eyed and bushy tailed and so decided to head to Bronte for breckie.

Much in the spirit of the world cup, well actually, it was sheer coincidence that I picked up this book at the boyfriend's place, I was reading this book by Nick Hornby - Fever Pitch - A book that would strike a chord in the heart of every male soccer lover.

In the preface, Nick Hornby wrote about his passion for the game and how he has often caught himself drifting off in the midst of a conversation, reminiscing a magnificent goal from a match years ago.

I read that with one eyebrow raised and after confirmation of this phenomenon with the boyfriend, I was well and truly flabbergasted.

Anyway, the point is this. Throughout the whole morning, the boyfriend, who isn't one of your boisterous types in the first place was quieter than usual. With a faraway look in his eyes (reliving kewell's goal at every opportunity). The only conversation we could have was to either discuss the world cup, talk about the world cup and talk about the world cup somemore. Did I mention the world cup? Might have slipped my mind.

Men are well and truly from Mars.

Moving on slightly, watched The Breakup tonight. It is a rather good movie for the simple fact that it managed to portray so realistically, possibly the reasons why most relationships go awry. In fact, so successful was the movie in depicting the thickheadedness of men, it made me almost pissed off with Marty simply because of his sex.

Of course, all men are dickheads and jerks to a certain extent and seeing those similar male habits on the silver screen only drums home one fact.

Those habits are inherent and unchangeable. Ugh.

Sports, video games, mess.

Live with it girl. That was the sublimal message. Ok... Maybe not that sublime.

Of course, I must also mention (only briefly though and in small fonts) that girls are very manipulative and expect men to read their minds.

Anyway, conclusion: Must watch movie to educate the men. They simply must have it spelt to them. They have to want to do things for us. Even if it's just a pretense. They ARE expected to read our minds. And no means YES, yes means yes and maybe means NO....

It's not that hard is it??

No comments: