Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New year resolution?

No job = lots of time = lots of movies that i can watch

The other day, Marty and I passed the VideoEzy store which is sort of near our place. Sort of near implying that a 10 minute walk is necessary. Something that I am not terribly excited about.

VideoEzy had this special offer which allowed us to pay 20 bucks and enjoy unlimited movies for the first month. That is great news for a jobless bum like myself so of course we took them up on the offer.

So i am a woman on a mission now. To watch as many movies as I can in this one month. I'm such a cheapskate. 

To date, I have done Hancock (lamest Will Smith movie I have seen), The Bank Job (not too shabby), As Good As It Gets (I love Jack Nicholson), You Don't Mess With The Zohan (Exactly what you would expect), American Beauty (comme si comme ca)

And the latest one, PS I Love you... such a tear jerker which surprises me that hilary swank barely sheds two tears throughout the whole movie and that makes me wonder about her acting abilities. I mean, there I am, shedding buckets and this lady who has recently lost a husband she is meant to be crazily in love with remains as dry as the sahara desert?? 

I suppose her terrific looking wardrobe, shoe closet and amazing apartment could be good reason for her cheerfulness. Hell! That would definitely cheer me up I know. 

anyway I am starting a list of my movies. Lists are good. I would like to be a person who's life revolves around lists. There is something comforting about lists. They bring about order in a rather chaotic world. Unfortunately, I am really bad at organisation and my lists are always short lived BUT I believe that it is possible to change, being the delusional that I am. I am going to endeavor to be a list person from now on. Put the xmas moleskin that I got from Marty to good use. 

hmm maybe lists should be my new year resolution.....

ooh... a list of new year resolutions....

No comments: