Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And I claim to be an auditor!

Oh i could so kill myself!

I bought the prettiest pastel pink stripey cotton fabric to sew covers for the $6 couch i purchased 2 weeks ago. the material is absolutely sweet. very laura ashley. I was sooo excited i decided to stay up last night to do it up. My first foray into sewing in 10 years.

I measured up the cushion cover carefully and even wrote down on a piece of paper what the precise measurements should be BUT I have no idea what possessed me and after cutting the fabric, i realised I ended up cutting the material 3 cm short.

shouldn't i be meticulous and organised to a fault?

let me assure you, 3cm is significant when you need a cushion to precisely fit a couch!

why couldn't i have cut it 3 cm too long.

why must the big guy up there do this to me??!!!

if i could, i would have kicked myself.

fortunately, i still had that teeny little bit of self control left in me, if not, i would probably have started a big tanty, kicking my heels into the floor and screaming. Instead, i had a slight whinge, and decided to work with whatever I had. I figured I could at least have a test run.

the cover is still in the making. half way there! yay! it probably wouldn't fit really well but heck! it's a feat in itself. soon, i'll be able to start my own little sweatshop upholstering sofas.

whoopppeee

slow buck here i come!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

sheesh.. call yourself an auditor. now we know how the likes of the enron sage came about.

pLaCeBo said...

the enron sage eh...

he was probably a really wise one