Friday, May 19, 2006

So I was on lavalife the other day because the boyfriend and I were having a disagreement and breaking up seemed to be on the cards. And I kinda wanted to put myself out there in the dating game again as quickly as possible. Afterall, time and tide waits for no man and it makes the breaking up period much easier to handle.

So lavalife has this chat thingy on the browser so you can chat with anyone online if you wish to. So this guy says hi to me and I say hi back. He asks me what I'm doing online, I take a peek at his profile and reply, I'm chatting with my ex. =) by the way, he's 45.

And he goes... oh... what a pity for me...

So i go... why's that

and he goes... because if you get back together with your ex boyfriend then I won't stand a chance...

Ugh... i hate it when they do shit like that... Why does he think he would have stood a chance otherwise?!

So I go... I just looked at your profile. Unfortunately, I think the age difference is too great.

And he goes... it's not the age that matters. it's the inner beauty of the person...

me... would you go out with a woman who's 70? (my mind conjures up a picture of a shrivelled old lady)

and he goes... of course

me... right!

He... too narrow-minded...

First of all, narrow-minded? I wonder if people will call me narrow-minded just because I do not partake in beastiality. So call me narrow-minded if you will but I just don't feel comfortable dating a senior citizen. At least not when I'm not a senior citizen myself. Why accelerate life? Why wouldn't I want to enjoy the hard taut muscular body of a young male if I can and when I can?

Secondly, and I may be cynical for thinking so BUT who he is trying to kid anyway... inner beauty of the person? This is a dating website for god's sake where people put pictures of themselves (if they don't look like clowns although some still do anyway) and talk themselves up. So don't get all self-righteousy on me for being superficial.

There should be a law against these paedophiles!!

Thirdly, why are there so many weird people online? Maybe I'm weird too... I don't know... I hope not... :(

But just, more often than not, you get pyschopaths, despos etc... it's hard to find some stranger online that you can just chat with about random stuff...

On jolene's recommendation, I set up an account at http://sg.wholivesnearyou.com

Apparently this is the latest and greatest website for one nighters...

Not that it'd be of any use to me but I'm still Singaporean so i signed up an account to see what the hype was all about.

So I got a couple of messages from people and realised that I had to verify my account with a $2 sms from a singapore phone before I could reply people... what a downer!! and there I was all excited about chatting with fellow Singaporeans... oh well... lucky for people back home unlucky for Me...

No comments: