Sunday, May 14, 2006

It was Mart's good friend's (Bayliss) b'day last night. His girlfriend Amy planned a surprise for him and arranged for friends to wait out at the Clock pub (somewhere in Surry Hills) whilst Ian and this other guy, dressed up in clown suits and scary masks, went to Bayliss' (who by the way has a phobia of clowns, as do I) house, kidnap him with black sack over the head, taped up wrists all and then bringing him to the pub.

Ian looked like he had the most fun. And he gets to keep the clown costumes for a week. It would have been much better if Bayliss had a fear of men in uniform. I can think of more ways to have fun with say an army officer's uniform. *wink*

Anyway, over drinks last night, I had a chat with Jo.

Jo = girlfriend of Matt --> Mart's friend.

We got to talking about how dreams and aspirations. And even if that isn't the most interesting topic, it is really much more preferred to "oooh yes I am an accountant and I deal with the financial statements of banks, insurance companies, and fund managers. Blah blah blah"

So there I was telling Jo how it'd be great to some day be able to open my own cafe et al, when suddenly, i had this moment of ephiphany and realised that talking about my dreams (Or perhaps bullshit because i couldn't be further from realising any of them) wasn't something I could do with Marty.

I've spent many a night, bullshitting in this a way with dear friends. Ideas that were thrown about were for example, an online funeral planner business (gene's idea), dressing up in secondary school uniforms and crashing JC 1st 3 months economics lectures, being really rowdy and defiant but able to answer all the economics questions with ease (the lecturers will have a fit), renting an apartment with cool friends, travelling overseas in the hazy future etc etc etc.

Maybe because he's too pragmatic.

But a mere mention of anything slightly whimsical usually garners no response whatsoever. And after a couple of slaps on the wrists, I've stopped. Which I feel, really stems my creativity and daydream starved.

Half seriously, I lament how Marty's boring and it's hard for me to BS about my "dreams" with him and when Jo agrees with me quickly, I'm mildly concerned and I wonder if it is the general consensus that Marty is boring.

============================================

Today's mother's day. Mart invited me to his Aunt's place for lunch. Third time meeting the extended family.

Dom and Lisa brought Pontoof, their whippet. A really endearing dog with fur as soft as a possum's.

Whippets look a lot like greyhounds. With long bambi like legs, they are built for speed and were used in hunting and considered as the poor man's greyhound.

Pontoof was sooo cute. Even with his long spindly legs, he curled up on my lap and went to sleep by tucking his head in the crook between my folded arm and my body. awww.... Now i wan't a dog too...

Am trying to persuade Marty.

heh heh....

anyway, lunch was great and i feel less uncomfortable around his relatives although i do think it's still gonna be a while before I feel totally at ease

No comments: